1. She sung in multiple languages! We all know her classic rendition of "Santa Baby" but having spent time in Paris, she sang in French and Turkish too! When starting career onstage, Kitt spent time touring throughout the States, Europe and Latin America as well.
2. Acting! Everyone knows that she was the first black Catwoman! How many of y'all tried to do that damn purr? It was sultry and alluring which juxtaposed with how cheesy the show can look, Kitt made such a wonderful Catwoman with her wit and attitude. But she's also had roles in her later years including an iconic turn in the fabulous black Hollywoo film, Boomerang.
3. She will make your documentaries betta! As a child, OP had heard Kitt's name before heard about her portrayal of Catwoman, but the first time she really experience The Kitt, was her cameo in the documentary Unzipped. Designer Isaac Mizrahi is hired to design gowns for her. OP never forgot this moment!
4. She was an author! With her storied life growing up desitute and later raised by her aunt before embarking on her entertainment career, it was inevitable there would be books about her life. She has three autobiographies. They are Alone with Me, Confessions of a Sex Kitten, and Rejuvenate.
5. LADIES, THIS WAS THE LESSON WE SHOULD'VE ALL GOTTEN WHEN WE WAS LITTLE. WHEN WE WAS TOLD THAT THE LITTLE BOOGER WHO ATE HIS BOOGERS MADE FUN OF YOU AND PEOPLE TOLD YOU IT MEANT HE LIKED YOU! LITTLE US NEEDED TO HEAR THIS AND HERE IT EVERY WEEK!
6. She was onstage! She had long stints on Broadway and on stages in Paris, where she became a star. The year before she died she was in a musical Mimi Le Duck. Her performance in Timbuktu is also noted because she received rave reviews and a career rebound after some political controversy.
7. The aforementioned controversy stemmed from remarks Mother Eartha made against First Lady LBJ and the Vietnam War. Kitt thought it was abhorrent to send young men off to war and understood why so many young people protested it. This made this white lady cry and for years and Kitt was blacklisted for years. There was even a doctored CIA dossier about Kitt's private life which dared to demonize her sexuality.
8. She gave the children 80s BAWPS for days! This song inspires OP to post an advertisement to audition her new male submissive. Peep these quintessential rich auntie lewks.
9. Lastly and OP thinks most importantly, she was such an open book. Kitt had a very hard childhood, it was known that her father left before she knew him and her step-father, realizing she was mixed race didn't want to take care of her. She later lived an aunt who kicked her out of her home. With this, Kitt had to start supporting herself doing lots of service jobs until she bumped into the legendary choreographer Katherine Dunham at just 16. She's so open about her life and the hardships she's endured, it makes her all the more endearing.
Sources 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14