- Last year, a person found himself muted in Runescape.
- No word on what he did to be muted, but they're a gamer. LBR.
- When his appeal was denied, he proceeded to file a lawsuit against Jagex, Runescape's parent company.
- "You violated my free speech!" Was his argument.
- To the surprise of no one, the first suit was dismissed, and the Judge was like "It's a private company, you 🤡."
- The second claim ("YOU ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME," and cited the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title II. You know, the one that prohibits 'discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin', not how you play an MMO) was also met with a hearty "LOL Fuck outta here."
Do you enjoy muting people on online games, ONTD?