Variety did a nice interview with Josh Hartnett;
- has mostly been doing indie stuff these last years, has a few bigger movies coming out in 2020
- he has two kids with his partner Tamsin Egerton and they live half the year in London
- he did turn down Superman (the Brandon Routh one) and was on a Batman shortlist (the Nolan one)
- took a break to be a stay-at-home dad after Penny Dreadful
- his movie star phase feels like another lifetime to him:
"All those magazine covers and paparazzi and all that sort of stuff was not at all how I lived my life, and not at all who I thought myself to be. So I feel very much myself now, and I took steps to make my life not as crazy after that movie [Pearl Harbor] came out and was successful at it and have remained sort of outside of the fray."