“I was born in the wrong body, which means that I am transgender”
- says she’s wanted to talk about it for a while but could never figure out when the best time to do it would be.
- some people tried to blackmail her, which is what finally forced her hand.
- at the age of 6 grew her hair out and by 7/8 wore “girls clothes only”. Her mum was extra supportive, so were her teachers. Basically says that kids will be kids, which can give you an idea about some of her classmates’ reactions I guess.
- started taking hormones and “growth stoppers” at age 14. Had fully transitioned by age 19 (while already being a youtuber)
- talks about her fiancé, and how she waited to reveal this information and how she wishes she’d told him sooner. “At the point where I told him my full story, of course he was shocked, but that is a private matter that we’re dealing with, and that I’m so proud of, that we’re able to deal with”. Refers to her fiancé as special, kind-hearted, strong and inspiring.
- says that if you are in the same situation as her, and have fallen in love with someone, you have to tell them, that “it’s what they deserve”. “The sooner, the better”, she continues, but not until you feel you’re in good, safe hands.
- has a special message for those who tried to blackmail her.
- says she’s still the same person, she’s still Nikkie.