Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1. New Year, New You. Watch any movie where someone reinvents themselves.
2. Watch any movie involving a scandal (a real-life scandal or a fictional one).
3. Watch any movie with more than 1 director - maybe it’s a directing duo or a messy production where someone new has to be brought in (credited or not).
4. Watch any movie on the Letterboxd list of the Top 250 Narrative Features from the past decade.
5. The Golden Globes are on January 5th, the most nominated movie is Marriage Story. Watch any movie centered around a married couple. Thanks to K for the idea!
6 and 7. Watch any two movies that have similar posters – THIS should help, there’s also more lists in the description.
8. Soundtracks are important. Pick any movie off this list of the best soundtracks.
9. Great movies often get lost in the shuffle, watch any of the most mentioned overlooked movies of the 2010’s.
10. Watch any disaster movie.
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of December?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Previous 2019 challenges: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.