Andre 3000 gave a really interesting interview on Rick Rubin's podcast, Broken Record Pod.
- He's really not inspired right now and is struggling with confidence as well as Social Anxiety Disorder and being hypersensitive.
- "I haven't been making much music, man. My focus is not there. My confidence is not there."
- He doesn't like how everything he releases is instantly picked apart, saying 'Any little thing I put out... people nitpick it with a fine-tooth comb. 'Oh, he said that word!' And that's not a great place to create from. And it makes you draw back."
- He's really inspired by instrumental music at the moment and has started playing the bass clarinet: "What makes me feel the best is when I do these random... instrumental kind of things. They make me feel the most rebellious."
- He discusses his creative process in The Dungeon a lot, and his fashion inspirations, ranging from Missy Elliot to Parliament.
The whole interview can be listened to HERE
This is a really great interview! Highly encourage you to check it out. They discuss all sorts of things.
Fav OutKast moment or song?