Crown Princess Mette-Marit releases statement about meetings with Jeffrey Epstein https://t.co/F1wPgxFsSQ— HELLO! (@hellomag) December 3, 2019
- she is the wife of Crown Prince Haakon, the heir apparent to the throne of Norway,
- she met Epstein on several occasions between 2011 and 2013,
- he was first convicted in 2008,
- she claims she had not been aware of the seriousness of his criminal acts (OP's note: Prince Andrew was forced to step down from his role as UK Trade Envoy in July 2011 after a huge international media firestorm over his continued relationship with a convicted pedophile),
- it was discovered in 2013 that she had been accepting high-end clothing for years without ever disclosing them as gifts.