We’re ringing in the new decade—and our Decembuary issue—with pop's newest princess @Normanion the cover (as you may already know 😏)! After bringing the world to a standstill with her smash hit “Motivation,” the 23-year-old is here to change the game. https://t.co/qt1VvCi18s pic.twitter.com/YNJMCdbAjq
— Cosmopolitan (@Cosmopolitan) November 26, 2019
- As a child Normani was homeschooled and was a talented gymnast who still holds a Texas record for floor routine.
- Normani's first CD was Britney Spear's "Baby one more time". She loved the pop girls, but also felt invisible and she watched reruns of 106 & Park on BET.
- Normani was always an introvert. Normani " I remember always being asked why did I want to be in a girl group. So you can hide? " And that's exactly what I was trying to do".
- On realizing her pontential:Normani " I'm not sure what the turning point was,but I was like, Normani is enough. You can be onstage and perform and you can be enough".
- -On the rumors of a bad breakup with fifth Harmony: "
People do what people do- take the information they have and blow it up. I'm happy everyone has an opportunity cause we worked out asses off. We do our own things. We're good."
- On her video" Motivation": Normani "I told the director," I want this to be as black as possible. I was like, let's show black culture. Why does pop music have to be so white? Why don't we make it a little bit more me".
- Normani says Beyonce and Jay Z are fans: Normani" The specifics of it I like to keep to myself because it's just so special. But Bey and Jay Z have definitely been vocal about how much they want me to win".
Ontd: What was the first album you bought?