It took some healing for her to close the distance between them 👀https://t.co/ZTSp8Q8NZB
— HotNewHipHop (@HotNewHipHop) November 6, 2019
- Demi Moore and her daughter's Rumer and Tallulah were on " Red Table Talk" to talk about addiction and healing.
- Rumer told a story about a back to school night that left her in tears after being bullied and having her mom's response be " what do you think your part in this was"?
- This opened the discussion on coping mechanisms and Jada recounts a recent time where Willow was crying and she hugged her and wish she had done so earlier in willows life.
- Willow" Back in the day, if I would be crying or upset, the energy was always like, " Take that somewhere else. Take that somewhere else and deal with it on your own".
- Jada"Yeah, because that's how I was treating myself. I didn't want to be with my own feelings".
- Pinkett went through a growth process and realized she was keeping willows feeling at arm's length.
- Jada"As we come into our softness and vulnerability, there was a time when her tears were so offensive to me. So offensive", which is why I was like, take that over there. We can't afford that over here, not realizing, bitch, you can afford it here. Your not in Baltimore anymore. You absolutely can afford that here. But I have to confront the fact that I denied her that,and I have to confront the fact that I can now give it to her and I can nurture now".
The entire 30 minute episode of " Red Table Talk" is at the source and on Facebook.
Ontd: Were tears encourged when you were growing up? As an adult are they?