Andrew Garfield joins Lin-Manuel Miranda's Tick, Tick... Boom! Netflix movie https://t.co/gyAOPxpCs2— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) October 30, 2019
- Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton) is set to direct a film adapation of Jonathan Larson's Tick, Tick.... Boom! Off-Broadway show for Netflix.
- Andrew Garfield has been cast as Jon, the central character in a story about a theater composer looking for his big break. He feels pressure from his girlfriend, who is tired of putting her life on hold for his ambitions, and is disappointed in his best friend's career choices.
- The show was first performed in 1990, and Miranda played the same role in a production of the show several years ago.
- Garfield has been active in theater, recently winning a Tony for his performance in the Angels in America revival that played London and NYC.
- The remainder of the cast and the release date have not yet been announced.