Follow up to this post.
- The Hollywood Reporter has pulled through, going into Jared Leto's temper tantrum over the news of the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie.
- Leto was so infuriated over the studio dropping him that he complained to his talent agency, which also represents director Todd Phillips.
- He also tried to get his manager Irving Azoff to call Warners parent company and cancel the movie. Azoff never called and he and Leto have since parted ways.
- This whole thing strained Leto's relationship with CAA and he ended up leaving the agency. Leto felt his agents weren't doing enough to stop the project and fight for him. He also felt like he wasn't being treated as an Oscar winner should.
- A person with first-hand knowledge of the situation says that by the time Leto left CAA, he had burned through four different teams of agents and there was little love for the actor there.
- Leto's time as The Joker is over as the studio hated his interpretation and the director cut out most of his performance.
- Jared Leto's camp denies all claims.
- Joaquin Phoenix will likely be an Oscar nominee for his film.