The Duke and Duchess of Sussex may win the battle but lose the war https://t.co/UPTvYzUfl3— The Guardian (@guardian) October 6, 2019
- the battle turned into #TeamMeghan versus free speech fighters of the press,
- it will be nasty, brutish and long,
- Meghan will probably win the case against Mail on Sunday but the group said it “stands by the story it published and will be defending this case vigorously”,
- Thomas Markle claims he would not let to publish parts of the letter if its existence has not been revealed by an unnamed ‘long-time friend’ of Meghan’s in People magazine,
- Harry and Meghan could be the first royals to appear in court in person in more than a century - it could be a win for tabloids because of increased coverage,
- some news outlets are already bringing back stories exposed in the hacking scandal, for example, Harry calling his private secretary to help writing an essay while he was at Sandhurst.
source: 1 2 3