The new "Short Trek" Q&A, starring Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck, is now available for streaming in the US. It's not yet available on Netflix, at least not in OP's region :|
To ease the wait for Picard, Disco season 3 and Lower Decks (new the animated Trek show) we will get monthly new short Treks starting October 10th.
ICYMI: The full #StarTrek Short Treks schedule is out! The first Pike-crew short "Q & A" is streaming now on @CBSAllAccess, with the rest following monthly starting October 10 (next week!).— TrekCore · NYCC 🖖 (@TrekCore) October 5, 2019
We also get a double-header of animated #ShortTrek in December! pic.twitter.com/S8lhAaHBhS
The New York Comic Con panels also gave us a lot of new insight in the upcoming Star Trek shows. Extremely mild spoilers below.
[First of all, if you haven't seen it, here's the stunning trailer]
The show will premiere on Thursday, January 23d 2020 on CBS, and then be available to all other audiences on Amazon Prime (noooo) the following day. New cast members you may already be familiar with include Harry Treadaway (Penny Dreadful, Mr Mercedes, brother of Luke) and Michelle Hurd (Ash vs Evil Dead, Blindspot), and the trailer revealed plenty of faces familiar to Trekkies - Brent Spiner (Data), Jonathan Frakes (the man, the myth, the legend William Riker), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) and Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine).
The cast panels also revealed
- Stewart campaigned for a pitbull to be Picard's dog
- originally Stewart was asked to return for a short Trek, not being interested in a full series, but asked for a proposal. What producer and author Michael Chabon came up with got him on board.
- in the show, twenty years have passed since Nemesis, which is about how long since that film was released
- Treadaway plays a Romulan
- The upcoming Short Trek Children of Mars is Picard-based
Star Trek Discovery season 3
[Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it!]
The Discovery has jumped 930 years into the future. This puts us way past Deep Space Nine and Voyager (and the upcoming Picard show) and into uncharted territory. The trailer includes Andalorians and even more excitingly, Trills, and what appears to be a visit to the Trill symbiont caves. MIGHT DAX STILL BE AROUND??
Some tidbits from the cast panel:
- Seems like there will be a lot more Stamets/Culber
- May Wise says they will be "driving without a road map" and this goes both for the ship duties and personal relationships/experiences
- Alex Kurtzmann says the audience should expect "everything they know about Star Trek... put inside a blender"
- New cast member David Ajala plays an important future character who develops a connection with Burnham.
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Are you excited nerds? Let's speculate