Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
Halloween is this month so all tasks will have something to do with the holiday.
1. October 25th is Frankenstein Friday – watch any movie that involves creating something in a lab, any Frankenstein movie, or any movie that was inspired by Frankenstein.
2. Watch any movie where a person, place, or object is possessed/cursed/whatever you wanna call it.
3. Watch any horror comedy.
4. Watch any horror movie that was made before 1990.
5. Pick any director off this list and watch one of their movies.
6. Watch any horror movie that was directed by a woman.
7. Pick any horror movie that has at least one sequel and watch any one of the movies in the franchise.
8. Watch a slasher movie.
9. Watch any movie from Letterboxd’s Top 250 Horror Movies List.
10. Watch a horror movie that takes place during a holiday that isn’t Halloween. Possible choices: HERE.
- Watch a Giallo.
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of September?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4.
Previous challenges: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September.