- Christopher Eccleston revealed his history with clinical depression and anorexia
- in his new autobiography he talks about suffering from anorexia and body dysmorphia throughout his life, including during the time on Doctor Who
- "Many times I've wanted to reveal that I'm a lifelong anorexic and dysmorphic. I never have. I always thought of it as a filthy secret, because I'm Northern, because I'm male and because I'm working-class," Eccleston writes in the book (via redacted source).
- considered committing suicide and had himself committed
- his autobiography, I Love The Bones Of You, is released 19 September 2019
I am in shock. I hope he's doing well.