On Saturday, the Emmys hosted the first night of Creative Arts Emmys. Beyonce's "Homecoming" went home empty handed despite being nominated for six awards. It lost Outstanding Variety Special (Pre-Recorded) to "Carpool Karaoke: When Corden Met McCartney Live From Liverpool".
“Free Solo,” “Queer Eye,” “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and “Saturday Night Live” were among the big winners.
RuPaul won Outstanding Reality Host for the fourth year in a row. "Queer Eye" won Outstanding Structured Reality Program and "Leaving Neverland" won Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special.
"The Simpsons" won Outstanding Animated Program over "BoJack Horseman", "Bob's Burgers", "Adventure Time" and "Big Mouth" with Seth MacFarlane taking home the award for Outstanding Character Voice-Over Peformance
Some of the winners:
- Variety special (pre-recorded): “Carpool Karaoke: When Corden Met McCartney Live From Liverpool” (CBS)
- Variety special (live): “Live In Front Of A Studio Audience: Norman Lear’s ‘All In The Family’ And ‘The Jeffersons'” (ABC)
- Structured reality program: “Queer Eye” (Netflix)
- Narrator: Sir David Attenborough, “Our Planet” (Netflix)
- Original music and lyrics: Adam Schlesinger, Rachel Bloom, Jack Dolgen, “Antidepressants Are So Not a Big Deal,” “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” (CW)
- Writing for a variety special: Hannah Gadsby, “Nanette” (Netflix)
- Informational series or special: “Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown” (CNN)
- Documentary or nonfiction special: “Leaving Neverland” (HBO)
- Documentary or nonfiction series: “Our Planet” (Netflix)
- Animated program: “The Simpsons” (Fox)
- Character voice-over performance: Seth MacFarlane, “Family Guy” (Fox)
- Host for a reality or competition program: RuPaul, “RuPaul’s Drag Race” (VH1)
- Unstructured reality program: “United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell” (CNN)
View the rest of the list here
The other half of the awards will be handed out on Sunday (today) and focuses more on scripted genres.
The Primetime Emmy Awards will be held next Sunday on the 22nd of September.
Beyoncé's Netflix concert film was nominated for six Emmys, but went home empty-handed. https://t.co/kZ9dXtgR1r— billboard (@billboard) September 15, 2019
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4