Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1. Watch any movie from an actor/actress turned director. Doesn’t have to be a movie they’re in, just one they directed.
2. Watch any movie that mostly takes place in a single location; THIS provides some examples, but there’s more options out there.
3. Your pick. Watch any movie.
4. Watch any movie with a famous cameo. Examples.
5. Sept. 15th is National Women's Friendship Day, watch any movie about friendship between women.
6. Watch any movie that is featured on AFI’s list of the best quotes.
7. Watch any movie that is featured on AFI's 100 Most Thrilling American Films list.
8. Watch any movie with a pun in the title.
9. Watch any movie on Indiewires way too early top 100 movies from this decade list.
10. Watch any movie with an animal in the title or on the poster.
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of August?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Previous months challenge: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August.