- Lover has "already logged the biggest sales week of 2019 in the U.S. for an album."
- According to Nielsen it sold around 450,000 copies (not including merch bundles) on its first day of release. Her previous album reputation sold 700k.
- Previously, the biggest sales week of the year was Jonas Brothers’ Happiness Begins, with 357K
- Lover already has the biggest sales week for any album since Taylor's own reputation debuted at No. 1 with 1.216 million copies sold in its first week.
- The album has also been critically acclaimed by Rolling Stone, NY Times, NME, TIME and more. The album is now her most critically acclaimed album on metacritic with an outstanding score of 80/100 and user score of 9.3/10.
Here's our review of Taylor Swift's new album, "Lover." It's a NYT Critic's Pick. https://t.co/vuZWb3giOi— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 23, 2019
ONTD, do you think she will be able to sell 1M again? thoughts on the album?