-Gina Torres was on "Today" and spoke of self image.
-Torres says it took her a while to love her lips or her "soup coolers" as she called them when she was younger. She says they took up 50 percent of her face and she had to grow into them.She sys she was made fun of in school for them.
- Torres says her lips are a perfect combination of her parents and she thinks of them when she looks into the mirror.
- When she was in high school the "Paris pout" came into fashion and her lips were the envy of her classmates. She says the "Paris pout" is a euphemisum for Afro American and Afro Latina lips that are full and full of life and frame the face in a beautiful way.
- Says her daughter has a combination of her and her father, Laurence Fishburne's lips.
-Torres would tell her younger self to hold on tight and that it's going to get better and the world will catch up with her.
- Torres says while she was working in a shop in high school, a working actor told her she was going to hit her sweet spot later on in life career wise, that there was a maturity about her that people would not get until later.
- Torres says she is fine at 50 and is thankfull to be healthly and looks foreward to what is coming up next.
-Torres says self acceptance starts from the inside and the world feels what you see when you accepet yourself.
-Torres stars as Jessica Pearson on the drama " Pearson" a spin off of " Suits" on the USA Network.
[Spoiler (click to open)]