- tiffany haddish is showing love to those who’ve shown love to her over the years with a new netflix series, tiffany haddish presents: they ready, that will showcase a group of comedic women who have long deserved their props. tiffany haddish will serve as its executive producer along with wanda sykes and the comedy producer page hurwitz.
- each week, the show will feature a standup comedian that has had a significant impact on haddish including chaunté wayans, april macie, tracey ashley, aida rodriguez, flame monroe, and marlo williams; each woman she’s cried with, she’s prayed with, there have been pep talks through divorces and financial hardships. and dream-filled pacts to lift a friend up if success comes knocking.
- “literally, when i met everybody, i was like: ‘don’t worry, when i make it, i’m gonna come back and get you and we’re going to the top. i don’t know what, but i’m going to put you on something...i was always raised to believe all you have is your word.”
- they ready may also help diversify a network that has been criticized of late for its treatment of comics of color, particularly women of color: haddish is coming back for her friends and giving a platform to women, people of color and lgbtq performers who, she says, the industry often overlooks.
- they ready joins Netflix’s growing slate of stand-up series and specials, and adds more marginalized voices to the service, which has faced criticism for the lack of diversity on its comedy roster, particularly with regard to women of color. says haddish: “if this does well for netflix, hopefully, there’s another season and i can get another six comedians out here. i know at least 40 comedians that i think are legends in their own right, but the world doesn’t know about them yet.”
- tiffany haddish presents: they ready premieres today on netflix. watch the trailer below:
sources 1 | 2
tiffany out here giving back and i just