Jameela Jamil is estranged from her parents, who she calls 'incredibly fat-phobic' https://t.co/3cMsHoeREZ— Metro Entertainment (@Metro_Ents) August 12, 2019
-Trigger warning: Due to graphic discussion of eating disorder.
[Spoiler (click to open)]
-Actress Jameela Jamil spoke to the Sunday Times.
- Jamil battled anorexia from ages 14- 17.
- Jamil" My family were not helpful in that they were very fat phobic. Jutting hip bones were seen as a sign of peak brilliance both at home and in school.It didn't matter that I did well academically or was a good swimmer. All I thought was important about me was that my jeans hung off my hip bones. I was existing on 300 calories a day and there was nothing I wouldn't do to be thin".
- Her parents Shireen and Ali are now divorced.
- Shireen , a former model has become a vocal campaigner against domestic violence and in 2015 successfully had Shireen's law passed which eliminates the time limit on reporting of domestic abuse cases where before you had 6 months to report.
- Shireen has praised her daughters campaigning to ban photoshop.
Ontd: Do you think people can change or are people just slightly diffrent versions of their main selves?
IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK OR TEXT OR CHAT ONLINE: NEDA 1-800-442 -4673
OR TEX "NEDA" to 741741