According to a source Bella Hadid (22) and Abel Tesfaye (29) broke up because of distance. A source reveals that "their increasing isolation from one another seemingly led to much friction. They have been arguing a lot recently."
"They are in different places right now, physically and mentally. Bella is prepping for her fashion week commitments and Abel is working on his music and his upcoming acting debut."
- The couple made it official the first time back in April-May 2015, around the time Bella turned 18 and Abel was 25.
- They made their red carpet debut in February 2016. They also attended the met gala together.
- They broke up late November 2016, shortly before Abel started dating Selena Gomez.
- Abel and Selena broke up in October 2017 and Abel was spotted at Hadid's apartment only one month later.
- The duo has been 'official' since May 2018 and even moved in together in October last year.
wait Abel tweeted that he’s “activated album mode” on the SAME DAY that he broke up with Bella Hadid shiiiii😭 his new album about to have me like pic.twitter.com/ob9BMP7Wib— Peter Morgan (@PeterMo67127025) August 6, 2019
They might no have broken up after all. A different source claim they “haven’t broken up, but are working through things like normal couples do. The couple travels a lot, works a lot and that often creates tension. However, the two love one another, have lost one another in the past and want to try and make it work.”
source: 1, 2, 3