Princess Haya, the estranged wife of the ruler of Dubai, asked a London court to protect her child from being forced into marriage https://t.co/JILahUtkAt— The New York Times (@nytimes) July 31, 2019
- Haya fled with an 11-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son to London,
- it's revealed that her appeal for a forced marriage protection order is to protect her daughter,
- such orders allow the British authorities to prevent a family from forcing someone into marriage,
- the authorities can also block the person from being taken abroad,
- Sheikh Mohammed was not in court,
- his two other daughters tried to flee and are now being forcibly held in Dubai.