Blasphemy. https://t.co/b29p9dxHve— Mike Dougherty (@Mike_Dougherty) July 25, 2019
• An online petition to move Halloween to the last Saturday in October instead of being on the 31st has picked up steam over the last few days. It’s gone viral with more than 96,000 signatures and counting.
• The petition was started by the nonprofit Halloween & Costume Association and claims that moving the holiday to the last Saturday in October would create a “safer, longer, stress-free celebration.”
• It is addressed to that racist idiot in the White House (Trump).
• It was started last year and for whatever reason is only just now gaining momentum. Possibly due to Halloween not being too far away (94 days).
• Director Michael Dougherty (Trick ‘r Treat, Krampus, Godzilla: King of the Monsters) called this attempt to change the date as “blasphemy.”
• It won’t be easy however and is very unlikely. Halloween is not a federal holiday, therefore Trump or federal officials wouldn’t be able to change the date.
Sources: 1 | 2