‘Gossip Girl’ Spinoff Series in the Works at HBO Max https://t.co/Jn6xbqSCkz— Variety (@Variety) July 17, 2019
- WarnerMedia has ordered a spinoff of the CW series Gossip Girl straight to series for its new HBO Max streamer.
- This show won't follow Serena and Blair, but will be set eight years after the events of the first series, which ended in 2012, and will follow a new group of New York private school teens.
- The spinoff will examine how much social media and the physical landscape of NYC have changed in the intervening years.
- No word about any returning cast members.
- HBO Max has ordered 10 one hour episodes, with a bunch of the original executive producers, like Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz, on board.