Why Kate Winslet is happy to be descended from poor immigrants https://t.co/DHFwCTVl2d— The Guardian (@guardian) July 16, 2019
- she has delved into her past for the BBC’s Who Do You Think You Are,
- lives in Sussex but grow up in Reading,
- when she looks at gossip magazines she often wonders "who the f*ck are those people",
- her parents were both impoverished actors,
- her great-great-grandfather came to the UK from Sweden in 1884,
- Kate thinks it “basically means I’m an immigrant”,
- her great-great-great-great-grandfather, Anders Jonsson, was jailed for stealing potatoes and honey to feed his family,
- said her parents “would have been upset and disgusted if I had come from wealth or royalty”,
- she’s a cousin of Danny Dyer.
ontd, are you posh?