Former Sony Pictures Chairman Jeff Blake
- Because of Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm, Disney's marketshare is 35%, way up from 14% a decade ago.
- it's had 11 of the top 20 box office hits in the past five years.
- "Far From Home" was lucky to get its release spot, but it was also co-produced by Marvel.
- It's not just bc of Disney's ability to stake release dates, but the staying power of the releases as well. Other studios have a choice - Just risk it, or make counterprogramming that often still doesn't get seen.
- There's a handy infographic at the source that shows just how many new releases Disney has staked out.
& for your copying and pasting pleasure: