- Netflix is reportedly making a deal with Warner Brothers to produce a series based on Neil Gaiman's popular Sandman comics.
- Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman) will write and serve as the showrunner of the series, while Neil Gaiman and David Goyer will produce.
- Sandman ran for 75 issues and followed the adventures of Morpheus, lord of dreams and a member of The Endless, who all personify universal concepts like death and destruction.
- There have been several attempts to adapt the series over the years. Several years ago, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was going to direct and star in a movie adaptation of the comics, but he ended up leaving the project over creative differences.
- Gaiman already has his work on TV via the Starz adaptation of American Gods and the Amazon adaptation of Good Omens.
- OP found a similar post from 2010 - we'll see if this attempt works out any better!
I haven't actually read these yet, but this is good incentive to start!