- the cost is expected to balloon to £3million (H&M team claimed the project would only cost £1.5m);
- H&M were offered a larger apartment (Apartment 1 with 21 rooms) in Kensington Palace but declined;
- Graham Smith (the Republic campaign group wanting the monarchy abolished) said you cannot justify the decision while all public services under intense financial pressure;
- friends of H&M defend them saying their place isn't as grand as some people may think;
- there is no information on how much security will cost;
- cost of the monarchy equated to £1.24 per British citizen (65p the year before);
- Harry inherited an estimated fortune of £20 million so he could pay for the renovation himself;
- it's been reported that the couple intends to spend a considerable period of time overseas.