"She was always supposed to be in Winterfell, at home." #GameOfThrones star Sophie Turner (@SophieT) explains why Sansa Stark wouldn't want to be queen of the Seven Kingdoms https://t.co/Ia58c9EsCv pic.twitter.com/GNuBNnyrQg— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) June 8, 2019
- Overall was very pleased with the ending, liked that it "the story begins with the Starks and ends with the Starks". [Spoiler (click to open)]She liked that Jon killed Dany and where Sansa ended up - she thinks that Sansa ending up in Winterfell is where she's supposed to be and that she's incredibly capable of ruling it. She doesn't think Sansa would have wanted to be queen of the Seven Kingdoms or been good at it because her heart is set on the North.
- Thinks that because the ending has been built up for 10 years, it's inevitable some poeple will be disappointed.
- She doesn't want to do a Game of Thrones spinoff as she doesn't want Sansa to have to go through any more trauma which she sees as inevitable were a spinoff to occur.
- On her character's conflict with Dany, she thinks that in other circumstances they could have been friends but given the conflict, that was never going to be the case. She filmed the [Spoiler (click to open)]Queen in the North scene early on, which made her acting even more defensive in the scenes with Dany where she felt she was defending what was hers
- Loved that Sansa's last line was [Spoiler (click to open)]"The North will remain an independent kingdom as it was for thousands of years."
Source 1, 2