Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon revisit their lesbian neo-noir Bound https://t.co/22Qh1A0WGL— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) June 6, 2019
In Bound, Gershon plays Corky, an ex-con who falls in love with Tilly's character, Violet, the girlfriend of a mobster. Together they plot to steal $2 million and run away together. While the movie was a commercial flop, it soon became a cult-classic.
- Gina's agents encouraged her to not take the role. She was excited to play a character who was the hero who got the girl in the end. She fired her agents to take the part.
- Jennifer says that another studio offered the Wachowskis a lot of money to get the movie, but they wanted to make Corky a man.
- Author Susie Bright took Gina to some lesbian bars in LA to prepare for the role. Lots of the lines Corky says to Violet in the movie come from things she overheard women saying at the bars or that women said to her to try and pick her up. Her tattoos were also inspired by many of those women.
- Gina said if she ever wasn't sure what to do she'd stare at Jennifer's boobs and then things came naturally. (OP Note: this should be a lesson for us all)
- Jennifer was nervous about filming the first scene where Violet and Corky kissed, because she'd never kissed a girl before. She went into her trailer to prepare herself, but then Gina showed up at her trailer door with tequila and chocolate, and that helped.
- The rating's board was VERY close to giving the movie an NC-17 rating because, they admitted, Jen and Gina's acting was too good and the love scene seemed too realistic.
- During the fight scene with Caesar, both Gina and Jennifer got really aggressive and Gina ended up having to go to the hospital because she hurt her ankle.
- Jennifer compares the scene where Violet kills Caesar to the Terminator's "I'll be back" moment.
- Jennifer doesn't think Violet and Corky would still be together, because even though they're really in love Violet's too damaged to be a good partner.
- Gina says this was probably the movie she's most proud of because these two women work together to outsmart everyone and come out victorious without a man's help, and that's not something you see often in movies.
Sources: 1, 2
Do Jennifer Tilly's boobs inspire you?