Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1. June 27th is National Sunglasses Day, watch any movie where someone is wearing sunglasses in the poster (THIS should be helpful).
2. June 3rd is Repeat Day, watch any movie where a word is repeated in the title (Ex. Wild Wild West, Run Lola Run, Gone Baby Gone, Kramer Vs. Kramer, etc.)
3. Watch any biopic.
4-7. Watch any 4 movies where the first letter of each movie title can be put together to spell ONTD (“the” doesn’t count) – so an example would be watching: Oldboy, Nightcrawler, The Tree of Life, The Departed. (Thanks to hjalmartazar for the task idea!)
8. Watch any movie on the They Shoot Pictures, Don’t They’s list of the 1000 Greatest Films. (Thanks to peppermint_fox for the task idea!)
9. Watch any movie where a character’s name is in the title (THIS should be helpful)
10. June 16th is Father’s Day, watch any movie about fatherhood or someone’s relationship with their father.
What do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of May?
SOURCES: 1 and 2
Previous months challenge: January, February, March, April, May.