2. Chris Columbus wrote a sequel screenplay called "Indiana Jones and the Monkey King," which involved the Chinese folk hero Sun Wukong and the fabled Garden of Immortal Peaches.
4. River Phoenix was Harrison Ford's choice to play the young Indy, as Phoenix had previously played his son in 1986's "The Mosquito Coast."
6. The gun used to shoot Henry Sr. in the temple was a Walther PPK. Which is known as the gun James Bond uses.
10. The uniforms used in the Berlin book-burning sequence are authentic. The costume designer discovered a cache of old uniforms while scouting in Europe.
15. Director Steven Spielberg named the sequel as his favorite movie in the series.