Allyson Felix describes her experience with Nike and her recent pregnancy with her daughter.
- Earlier this month, Allyson's teammates & Olympic runners Alysia Montaño and Kara Goucher, broke their nondisclosure agreements with Nike to share their pregnancy stories in a New York Times investigation which inspired her to speak out too
- She talks about how female athletes all know what will happen if you choose to have a family but no one will talk about it.
- She decided to start a family in 2018 knowing it would be a "kiss of death" to her career
- She felt pressure to go back to being a perfect athlete after giving birth even though she had to undergo an emergency C-Section
- Negotiations with Nike did not go well, they wanted to pay her 70 PERCENT less than before
- Allyson is not willing to accept this as a status quo for female athletes, her negotiations with Nike are at a standstill
- Because of her and the other athletes speaking out, Nike and other athletic companies have reviewed their maternity policies and have made positive changes.
- She ultimately applauds Nike for making changes.
Video at source