- Pras Michel got that Fugees curse as he pleaded not guilty to conspiracy and falsifying records in a wealth fund that engaged in campaign finance violations.
- the wealth fund 1MDB was to promote economic development in Malaysia
- turns out some of that money was given to President Obama's re-election campaign without disclosing that the funds came from another country
- Michel apparently conspired with the Jho Low, the manager of the fund who would give large amounts of money to Michel who would then funnel the smaller amounts of money to others who would make contributions to the presidential campaign
- pleaded not guilty and will go to trial with the UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
- follows in the footsteps of former bandmates, tax evaders Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean
Sources 1 2