—Rihanna will become the first woman to create an original brand at LVMH— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 10, 2019
—Rihanna will be the first woman of color at the top of an LVMH maison
—Rihanna’s line will be the first new house created by LVMH since Christian Lacroix in 1987https://t.co/AhH2s49sl0
retired pop icon and gamer of feelings,rihanna's deal with lvmh (multinational luxury goods conglomerate, lvmh moët hennessy louis vuitton se, the parent company for pretty much every luxe brand not owned by kering) has been confirmed.
- rihanna will become the first woman to create an original brand at lvmh, the first woman of color at the top of an lvmh maison, and her line will be the first new house created by the group since christian lacroix in 1987. fenty joins such storied heritage brands as dior, givenchy, celine and fendi and positions rihanna as a breakthrough designer on a number of levels.
- "the move is a formal acknowledgment from the establishment that a multi-hyphenate pop star/actress/image-maker now has as much global currency, name-recognition and (yes) influence as designers like hedi slimane and nicolas ghesquière. that there is no need to limit them to the street or sportswear world. and that growth in the luxury industry may no longer come just from reinventing old heritage names, but by embracing a new diverse, digital, direct communication-enabled reality."
LVMH x @rihanna = @FentyOfficial— LVMH (@LVMH) May 10, 2019
LVMH announces the fast approaching launch of a new luxury Maison, developed by Robyn Rihanna Fenty.
The journey begins at https://t.co/a5EQarNSmahttps://t.co/qyVYTyl9Ch#LVMH #FENTY #Rihanna pic.twitter.com/N15zixbhD7
- "[fenty] will be based in paris, include ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories, and 'is centered on rihanna, developed by her, and takes shape with her vision,' according to a statement from lvmh. it is, in other words, the first brand of the Instagram age supported by one of the three big groups that have defined the global luxury era."
big day for the culture.— Rihanna (@rihanna) May 10, 2019
thank you Mr.Arnault for believing in this little girl from the left side of an island, and for giving me the opportunity to grow with you at @LVMH https://t.co/6ToY8MkDQB pic.twitter.com/Q9eF35576T
- rihanna's official statement reads: “designing a line like this with lvmh is an incredibly special moment for us. mr. arnault has given me a unique opportunity to develop a fashion house in the luxury sector, with no artistic limits. i couldn’t imagine a better partner both creatively and business-wise, and i’m ready for the world to see what we have built together.”
- the first products from the new company would be unveiled — in a few weeks outside of the typical fashion
monthweek schedule (op note: unless she's debuting menswear which wouldn't surprise me--or in time for paris haute couture--which would).
sources 1 | 2 | 3
i like the logo and logomark, but what i'd love is a new album and for robyn to stop playing games with my feelings.