Another 10-task challenge. You obviously don’t need to do all 10 tasks, choose as many as you want, but I figured it gives you some variety and allows you to pick and choose movies that fit your taste but also maybe lead you to watch something you wouldn’t normally seek out. For each task, you can pick whatever movie fits within the guidelines, I've added links to help you out. I tried to add tasks that would allow you to get movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – but there’s also Kanopy and Hoopla (both of which you can get free access through your library or university). Have a different movie for each task – that is, don’t have the same movie for task 2 and task 6.
1. The first Saturday of every May is Free Comic Book Day, watch any movie that is based on a comic book (THIS should be helpful).
2. May 11th is Twilight Zone Day, watch any movie that seems like it could just be a feature length episode (THIS might be a good jumping off point to give you ideas).
3. Watch any movie on the They Shoot Pictures, Don’t They? list of the 21st Century’s Most Acclaimed Films (Thanks to peppermint_fox for the task suggestion).
4. Watch any movie that is celebrating an anniversary this month; so Shrek 2 was released 15 years ago this month, Batman 30 years ago, The Lion King 25 years, etc. (THIS should be helpful - doesn’t need to be an anniversary in 5 year increments, if you want to watch a movie that is celebrating its 3 year anniversary, go for it).
5. May 12th is Mother’s Day, watch any movie about motherhood or someone’s relationship with their mother.
6. Watch any LGBT movie.
7. Watch any movie that's so bad, it's good (think Showgirls or The Room) (thanks to willardwright for the task suggestion).
8. Watch any movie that has a punctuation mark in the title.
9. The people who create movie posters are often times nameless, THIS article goes into some of the most well-known poster artists, watch any movie that one of the people mentioned designed the poster for.
10. A film within a film – watch any movie where a film is being made (THIS should be helpful).
ONTD, what do you plan on watching this month? What did you watch during the month of April?
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Previous months challenge: January, February, March, April.