Music video director David LaChapelle finds it "very suspect" footage he shot years ago with Britney Spears leaked now. https://t.co/7UG4Her5it— The Blast (@TheBlastNews) April 29, 2019
Director David LaChapelle breathed new life into the #FreeBritney campaign, commenting under a post of the mysteriously leaked 'Make Me' music video that he directed for Britney Spears.
• The director says he finds it suspicious the video leaked while she was "away" in treatment.
• Recalls how it was Britney herself who ultimately scrapped the video.
• He says her only direction was wanting to be filmed in a cage, and how in the past she kept wanting to die in her 'Everytime' music video. He suspects these were cries for help.
• He says he's felt something was wrong since he first worked with Britney in 1998, when he shot her iconic Rolling Stone cover and noticed 'beauty pageant trophies' throughout her house.
• Makes a reference toward being against "greed and lies".