EXCLUSIVE: Britney Spears' advisors feared the singer would die if she didn't get immediate treatment.https://t.co/sPErdrlJ5X— The Blast (@TheBlastNews) April 18, 2019
In what appears to be an indirect response to the viral #FreeBritney campaign, insiders within Britney Spears' team revealed to The Blast that they feared the singer would have died without immediate treatment.
• They claim Britney had not been taking her medication as prescribed, was taking the wrong amounts of medication, and her overall mental health had “deteriorated” to a dangerous point.
• Both her team and father agreed if she did not enter a treatment facility right away, “she would be dead.”
• The source says Britney met with “several doctors” and had been placed on “several different medications” prior to being committed.
• Because Spears was recently given increased amounts of freedom and left to her own devices, they say it “was a recipe for disaster,” with the tipping point being her driving around on January 6th without her security team present. (She's obligated to have a security guard assigned to her at all times because “anytime she would drive she would get in trouble.”)
• As this contradicts reports she voluntarily entered treatment due to stress over her father's illness, they now say her team used it as a "smokescreen" to avoid the real reason getting out.
*updated with additional info
Prior updates to the story can be found here and here