CBBC and Absolutely Fabulous star Mya-Lecia Naylor dies aged 16 https://t.co/PRYjU9LUyY— Daily Mail U.K. (@DailyMailUK) April 17, 2019
- Though it was only reported yesterday, on Sunday, 7 April Mya collapsed suddenly where her death was soon confirmed. The cause is currently under investigation.
- Her final interview was given to TresA Magazine on 5 April where she expressed great enthusiasm for her future.
- Her most recent Instagram post was made yesterday, probably by a family member hours before her death was reported.
- She was represented by A&J Management and was most known for playing Fran in the CBBC TV series Millie Inbetween and Mya in Almost Never.
- She was also a member of the teen band Angles N' Bandits and ran her own YouTube channel.
- She began acting at one year of age on the Jennifer Saunders series Absolutely Fabulous and went on to star in the children's television show Tati's Hotel as the title character and played Miro in Cloud Atlas. Though she wasn't cast, she previously auditioned for the role of Peter in Joe Wright's 2015 film Pan and Meg in last year's A Wrinkle in Time directed by Ava DuVernay. She was set to appear in The Witcher series, currently in development before her untimely death.
- She is survived by her parents and two younger brothers, one of which is also an actor.
Edit: Sorry, should have included this:
It is with the deepest sorrow we have to announce that on Sunday 7th April Mya-Lecia Naylor, very sadly, died. Mya-Lecia was hugely talented and a big part of A&J, we will miss her greatly. Our love and thoughts are with all her family and friends at this difficult time. pic.twitter.com/YhnR7WJSPc— A&J Management (@aj_management) April 17, 2019
Mya on the set of Cloud Atlas in Berlin, circa 2011
Source 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
I know a lot of people don't know who she is, but I casually followed her and was so heartbroken to hear about this yesterday. She was still a baby and had so much to look forward to. I feel so much for her family right now. :(