.@evamendes is our May cover star! She opens up about why she stepped away from Hollywood to focus on fashion and family, and how falling in love changed her outlook on life: https://t.co/F95DJxXBIe pic.twitter.com/ZUnFtsnxaZ— Women's Health (@WomensHealthMag) April 16, 2019
- Eva Mendes is Women's Health's May cover model. This is the famously private actress' one interview per year (she hasn't appeared in a film since her cameo in Ryan Gosling's 2014 film Lost River).
- On why she changed her mind on not wanting kids: "It was the furthest thing from my mind. Ryan Gosling happened. [she giggles and adds] I mean, falling in love with him. Then it made sense for me to have...not kids, but his kids. It was very specific to him."
- The couple has adopted a rescue dog after losing Ryan's dog two years ago (animal Instagram The Dodo had her wondering if they could adopt a pig), and four year old Esmeralda thinks her father is an astronaut after visiting him on the set of the Neil Armstrong movie First Man.
- Eva finds it very hard to work out and her health and vanity forces her "kicking and screaming" to the gym.
- She has scrambled eggs and coffee with coconut oil or coconut sugar every morning and tries to eat healthy but has a sweet tooth. To relax, Eva has Thai massages and listens to opera.
- Her mother has given her a sense of appreciation for what she has and how lucky she is and she tries to remind her kids of the same. She credits hers and Ryan's families and a day planner for day to day life with two children.
- When Ryan Gosling dedicated his Golden Globe to her and her departed brother in 2017, she actually wasn't watching the ceremony until her sister yelled for her in the other room. She had no idea Ryan was going to do it and since losing her brother was "incredibly difficult," she said the dedication was a dream.
Full interview and photoshoot at the source.