* the rain would sometimes make the T Rex malfunction. According to producer Kathleen Kennedy: "The T. Rex went into the heebie-jeebies sometimes. Scared the crap out of us. We'd be, like, eating lunch, and all of a sudden a T. Rex would come alive. At first we didn't know what was happening, and then we realized it was the rain. You'd hear people start screaming."
* paleontology had a record increase in students after this movie (and book) were released
* The sounds the Velociraptors make when communicating is the same sound tortoises make when having sex. (OP note: omg)
* Reba McEntire was originally cast as Molly Brown but had to turn it down due to later scheduling conflicts.
* decoy working title was "Planet Ice"
* the only film to win both the Academy Award for Best Picture and the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Movie
The Matrix (1999)
* On a computer, a "cookie" is a piece of data. The Oracle gives Neo a literal and a figurative cookie.
* by 2002, the "bullet sequence" had been spoofed in over 20 movies.
* the party scene lasted 42 minutes and took 21 days to film. after it wrapped the crew made "I SURVIVED SCENE 118" t shirts.
* caller ID use increased threefold after this movie.
* the high school scenes were originally scheduled to be shot at Santa Rosa High School in CA. The school board backed out at the last minute due to the film's violent nature. In the end credits Wes Craven wrote "NO THANKS WHATSOEVER TO THE SANTA ROSA CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT GOVERNING BOARD."
The Blair Witch Project (1999)
* the Blair Witch was actually supposed to be seen in the movie. When Heather runs out of the tent screaming "What the fuck is that?" the camera was supposed to pan to the left and show a woman in the distance wearing a white gown. The camera man forgot to pan left and the scene was not re-shot.
* the 1999-2000 hunting season reportedly suffered badly due to movie fans hiking in the woods all over the country (to make their own documentaries) and scaring off wild life.
* an original script idea had a giant stick figure chasing the students through the woods. (OP note: ????)
* after Bill Paxton died, Spotter Network spelled out "BP" with their GPS tracker blips on a radar display to honor him. This was the first time this kind of tribute had been done for someone who wasn't a storm chaser.
* a camel's moan was slowed down and used for the tornado sound.
* the first movie released on DVD and the last movie released on HD DVD.
ONTD, I hope you're having a relaxing, wholesome Sunday.
SOURCES 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6