Alamo Drafthouse's movie-ticket subscription plan will launch in all its theaters by the end of the year https://t.co/89aAcRiA3g— Business Insider (@businessinsider) March 19, 2019
- Alamo Drafthouse is launching its own movie-ticket subscription plan called Alamo Season Pass.
- It's been in beta mode at select theaters for a while now, but will debut in all of its theaters by the end of 2019.
- The cost will be roughly $20, but more in markets like NYC and LA.
- Users will be able to reserve tickets via the app days in advance.
- The somehow-still-limping-along MoviePass is reviving its $9.95/month "unlimited" plan.
- Calling it unlimited, of course, is a lie, as they will cap the options of subscribers with "excessive individual usage".
- You also have to give them your bank account info to pay for a year up front (after which they can say you are seeing too many movies, and give you limited to no options to watch more).
Do you have a movie ticket subscription service, ONTD? I <3 A-List, but Alamo might tempt me once it opens in LA...