Feeling the Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can’t Move To New Homes https://t.co/nalMHGq7qQ— Nellie Andreeva (@DeadlineNellie) 18. März 2019
- Netflix contract deals prevent their canceled shows from getting picked by other streaming services. They are only allowed to go somewhere else after 2 or 3 years.
- CBS All Access wanted to pick up One Day at a Time but Netflix said no
- same issue with the Marvel shows and Disney+
- Netflix is strictly data-driven, if a show doesn't reach certain (unknown to us) viewing numbers it's done
- critical support can get a show a second season (as happened with One Day at a Time), but to reach a third season with weak viewing numbers a show need major awards recognition