- Amy Adams and her manager Stacy O'Neil are launching a new production company called Bond Group Entertainment.
- The company has secured a first look deal at HBO, and the first project they are developing is a series adaptation of the Barbara Kingsolver novel The Poisonwood Bible.
- The Poisonwood Bible was published in 1998, and nominated for the Pulitzer in 1999. It follows Orleanna Price, the wife of an evangelical missionary who takes her and their four daughters to the Belgian Congo in the midst of colonial upheaval in 1959.
- Adams and O'Neil will executive produce, with Kingsolver and Anya Epstein writing and executive producing.
- This is only Adams' second producing gig after last summer's Sharp Objects.
Excited for this, I remember liking the book!