'Who Let The Dogs Out?' Doc Offers Fascinating Look at the Origin of the Baha Men Hit https://t.co/8p3TdeABtE— Variety (@Variety) March 10, 2019
New Yorker Ben Sisto (Whose name sounds vaguely familiar so if he's pulled some shit, don't @ me bc I didn't know) has been obsessed with finding out who truly owns the song, made popular by the Baha Men.
- The Hook dates back to 1959
- 9 Different peple claim they wrote the song.
- There are several versions dating from the mid-90s to the one we know that came out in 2000.
- The titular chant has been dated back to a 1989 Austin High School football team.
- "Who let the dogs out" has been ID'd as a Trinidadian term.
I really hope someone picks this up and it gets distributed.