Along with the totally over Vanity Fair and the Governor's Ball post-Oscars parties, Madonna's hyper exclusive party, now in its 12th year, is the place to be (along with new kids Jay-Z and Beyonce's big invite-only bash).
Madonna's Oscars afterparty bash is held at the Coldwater Canyon home of her longtime manager, Guy Oseary, and is known for its secrecy and for "old-school debauchery," where guests go to dance and get loaded. As one guest put it: "People go to the Vanity Fair party to be photographed, then they go to Madonna's to party in private."
- This is the one party Leonardo DiCaprio says he looks forward to. Famously red carpet-shy couple Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes skipped the Oscars but walked hand in hand into Madonna's party in 2013 (Mendes had been a party invitee since 2008).
- Photos are not allowed (Lucas Hedges almost got thrown out for taking a pic, saying "I’ve never been so scared in my entire life"), and guests and staff must sign gag orders.
- Sam Claflin, Jennifer Lawrence, and Eddie Redmayne have confessed to puking on the porch. Redmayne also danced in a circle around his Oscar.
- Mark Ronson, Paul Mccartney,
The Rolling Stones and Cardi B performed while Madonna, children Lourdes and Rocco, and Penelope Cruz (wearing a mustache) danced. One year, Diddy stopped the music until Anderson Cooper got on the dancefloor.
- Madonna is famously selective about who is invited. Oprah, Salma Hayek, Bradley Cooper, Tom Cruise, Emma Stone and Lady Gaga have made the list; Ed Sheeran had to sneak in as Rita Ora's then-boyfriend Calvin Harris, publicist Peggy Siegal got in by lying on the floor of Alicia Vikander’s SUV.
- Madonna avoided inviting any Kardashians because she "didn't want that element," until she couldn't avoid their influence any longer. Adele skipped the party that year, not wanting to mingle with Kim.
- Lindsay Lohan was turned away in 2011, and responded by making a scene, screaming, cursing and name dropping. Josh Brolin tried to get her in but the guards forced her to leave.