Game of Thrones vet Natalie Dormer heads to new Penny Dreadful series https://t.co/vXxIsiOKeP— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) February 22, 2019
- ICYMI, Showtime is creating a new "spiritual descendent" of Penny Dreadful called Penny Dreadful: City of Angels, set in Los Angeles in the 1930's.
- It will be heavily steeped in Mexican-American folklore, with new characters and stories.
- One of the new cast members in Natalie Dormer (Games of Thrones). She will play Magda, a shapeshifting demon who can take the appearance of anyone she chooses.
- Previously cast is Daniel Zovatto (Here and Now) as Detective Tiago Vega.
- Penny Dreadful creator, writer and EP John Logan will also write and EP this show.
- Johnathan Nieves and Jessica Garza have been cast as series regulars.
- Nieves (New Amsterdam, Better Call Saul) will play Mateo Vega, Tiago's volatile younger brother.
- Garza (USA's The Purge, Six) plays Josefina, the youngest of the Vega family.
Source 1 2
ETA another casting announcement mentioned in the comments.