Monkees bassist and singer Peter Tork dies at 77 - The Washington Post https://t.co/KG9LuQ7Ocm— Micky Dolenz (@TheMickyDolenz1) February 21, 2019
- Monkees member Peter Tork, 77, passed away on Thursday, The Washington Post confirms.
- His death was first announced on his Facebook page, which did not reveal where or how he died.
- Tork had a 10-year-long battle with adenoid cystic carcinoma, a rare form of cancer that affected his tongue.
- Tork played the lovable and goofy member of the group.
- The Monkees was a pop group that was compared to the Beatles and even outsold them at times.