Facetime Security Flaw Makes It Possible to Spy on iPhone Users Without Their Knowledge https://t.co/BovIt7OcC4— Variety (@Variety) January 29, 2019
- In the current version of Facetime, you can gain access to someone else's microphone by Facetiming them, even if they don't pick up.
- Multiple media outlets and users have replicated the bug, and Apple has confirmed it.
- If you accidentally hit the power button when receiving the Facetime, the person Facetiming you can see your front-facing camera.
- Apple plans to release a patch later this week.
- To avoid someone eavesdropping on you, disable Facetime until it's fixed.